A Summer of Fun and Learning
At The Primeron we approach each child as an individual with his/her own talents and one-of-a-kind needs. With that in mind we offer multiple Summer Programs for children 5 years old and older that can fortify children's understanding of concepts in which they might need a little help. The children will write, direct, and perform a play - all of which will incorporate reading, writing, and mathematics!
Math Club Fun
Math is part of our everyday lives. If you feel your child needs to catch up with key concepts in mathematics or wishes to prepare for next year while having lots of fun, then this is the summer program for him/her. We will group your child with other children who are working on similar concepts, thus encouraging team work and communication. Real world life experience (time and money) will be used to reinforce mathematical concepts. Please see detailed daily schedule below.
English Club Fun
Communicating well is a key indicator of success as adults. Precise communication requires the ability to write effectively by using just the right words. Building your child's skills with the English language (parts of speech, sentence structure, vocabulary, reading comprehension) is what this club is all about. If your child needs fun ways to catch up or move ahead this is the club for them. Please see detailed daily schedule below.
Science Club Fun
Life cycles, cooking, experiments and hands on learning. Your child can work on both their Math and English skills while experimenting and learning about the world around them. Students will learn what it takes to be a scientist. They will have the opportunity to come up with questions, hypothesize what they think might happen, and experiment to arrive at a conclusion. All summer long they will be experimenting with fun. Please see detailed daily schedule below.
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am - Breakfast (Provided by The Primeron) Children Sign-In.
- 8:30 am - 8:45 am - Opening and Welcome: Announcements of the day’s events, Camp Songs and activities. Review Camp rules. Discuss Values: Speak about Values.
- 8:45 am - 9:00 am - Small Group 1: Each group meets for a brief discussion of the day’s theme. (Groups should be based on age group).
- 9:00 am - 9:45 am - Activity Period I - (Math or English - Depending on which club you chose).
- 9:45 am - 10:00 am - Clean-Up Time.
- 10:00 am - 10:45 am - Center Time.
- 10:45 am - 11:30 am - Activity Period II - (Math or English - Depending on which club you chose).
- 11:30 am - 12:15 pm - Outside Time (This may include free play on the playground or an organized outside play).
- 12:15 am - 12:30 pm - Prepare for Lunch and Wash hands.
- 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm - Lunch: Camp Counselors sit with campers at the table and talk.
- 1:00 pm - 2:45 pm - Activity Period III: (Math or English - Depending on which club you chose).
- 2:45 pm - 2:00 pm - Clean-Up Time.
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Book Club: Read Chapter Book.
- 3:00 pm - 3:15 pm - Talk about the chapter book.
- 3:15 pm - 3:45 pm - Snack Time.
- 3:45 pm - 4:00 pm - Small Group Time II: Each group meets again to reflect on the day. This is a time for sharing and learning.
- 4:00 pm - 4:15 pm - Closing: The groups come together to hear the camp staff make “Positive” comments about the day. Camp Staff also talks about plans for the next day.
- 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm - Center Time Free Choice.
- 5:15 pm - 5:30 pm - Clean-Up Time.
- 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm - Outside Time.
- 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm - Free Choice and Clean-Up Time.